Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 43 of Captivity -- Introducing Remi

Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry it's been so long since I last posted. I have a lot to share, but unfortunately, I won't be able to share it all in this post.
I'm no longer alone! It turns out that the rat in the basement, is actually a pretty cool little guy. While my children continue to torment me in their attempts to squeeze more and more stories out of me, Remi asks for nothing but love...and an occasional scratch on his belly. He likes to sleep right near my neck at night, and he does the cutest...well, you don't actually want to hear about that, do you.
You're probably wondering why I haven't posted in so long. Well, it's actually pretty simple, until recently Remi would go crazy every time I started typing on my computer. I have no idea why, but it would just set him on edge and he would run into the walls. For a month I didn't write at all, and was wondering if I would ever be able to again. But then I got a great idea. I convinced the kids to let me buy an exercise wheel for Remi, as well as some other material, and I turned it into a miniature power plant. Now, whenever I want to type, Remi jumps on his wheel and becomes a source of green power. But...you ask, isn't Remi scared of your typing. Isn't that kind of mean? Well, he actually seems pretty happy when he is running. I'm kind of wondering if my typing wasn't scaring him, but instead was serving as a stimulant for physical activity. Kind of like playing "Eye of the Tiger" during a workout. Anyways, he's running away right now as I type, smile on his face, battery charging on my computer.
Until tomorrow!
--Matt and Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment