Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 1 of Captivity -- Writing from the Cellar

My children decided that I was not accomplishing enough on my own and have banished me to the cellar. I'm still allowed to go to my day job at Intel, but the rest of my time is spent down here in the darkness, typing away on my laptop: writing the next book in my middle grade mystery series, and sending out query letters to literary agents.
I tried to tell them that these things take time, and that neither literary agents nor creative endeavors can be forced. They said that I spend too much time reading, doing yard work, and playing with them when I'm home. They've decided that my time would be much better spent creating new stories for them and working to get my book published. Their hope is that I will become as successful as JK Rowling, and be able to quit my job and dedicate myself to writing stories for them all of the time.
Anyways, I would really appreciate any help you can provide in obtaining representation and then getting my series published. I believe that the books will be a great success, in addition to helping lots of boys that are reluctant readers, but most of all I just want to get out of this cellar!

No comments:

Post a Comment