Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 2 of Captivity -- Trip to Church

The children let me out to go to church today. I agreed to make chili for dinner if they would. Unfortunately, they made me go to the little kids Sunday School so that they could keep an eye on me. They only had enough of the "adult" chairs for the teachers, so I had to sit in a little kids chair, 1 foot off the floor, with my knees up to my shoulders. I looked like a 7 foot tall basketball player waiting for my turn to get into the game.
I've been outlining the next book but I've been informed that I have to start writing it now and reading them draft chapters--or else! Hopefully I can post some of what I write here.
Oh, one more thing. I would ask that if you call the house to speak to me, please don't mention that you know anything about me being locked in the cellar. The kids have threatened to move me to a dungeon, with no internet access, if I tell anyone about my captivity. If you need to talk to me, say that you're calling about the book, and you want to know if it is still available. That is our best hope of actually getting to talk.
Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment