Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 6 of Captivity -- Trip to the Capital

My children let me out in order to accompany them to the Oregon State Capital today. We homeschool and a few hundred homeschoolers descended on the House and Senate in Salem to talk to our representatives about how great homeschooling is and to give them a pie. It went really well until I unknowlingly broke one of the rules. One of the representatives gave a really great speech against a really stupid bill (that ended up passing the house by 3 votes), and I applauded. The House Speaker pounded his gavel and let me know that applauding in the gallery is not allowed. That was too much for my kids. They marched me out to the car, locked me in, and then left me there for the rest of the day. As if that wasn't bad enough, they kept making comments on the way home about what a mistake it was to let me out of the cellar today. I'm afraid that might be my last public appearance for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment